Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Remember This - Process Video

Hello everyone.  Today I have a video to share with you.  I posted it on YouTube last week but never got around to writing up the blog post about it. This page was made using the Scraptastic January 2015 - This Must Be the Place kit.  I L-O-V-E everything about this kit.  The colors, the patterns, embellishment, everything.

For this layout I did some fussy cutting of the floral patterned paper that came in the kit.  I really like how it turned out with all of the layers.  I added Stampin' Dimentionals under some of the leaves/flowers to give it even more dimension
.

Here is the video showing my process.


The next two pictures are close-ups of the texture that I added to the background.  I used modeling paste, a Heidi Swapp stencil that I got form Craft Steals (love that site), a gold gelato, and spray mist.  The color came out better that I expected.  I also added splatters of gold Heidi Swapp Colorshine (the same that I used to color the modeling paste) around the layout.

For the vellum phrases, I took them to my sewing machine and used gold thread to add them to the page.  .


For the journaling I took a piece of the white paper and ran it through my typewriter.  I like how the font works well with the font of the vellum phrases.  I stamped the date with a roller date stamp that I got in the Dollar Spot at Target.


In the top right corner, I added a cluster of embellishments and sewed the top edge with the same gold thread that I used elsewhere on the layout.



Here is just a closer look at the layering of the flowers that I cut out.I added a vellum phrase to the flower cluster using my Xyron Sticker Maker.  It works like a dream to add the vellum to the page without being able to see any of the adhesive.



To this cluster I used two circle elements that came in the kit, stapled them together using my Tim Holtz tiny attacher and glued it down.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  If you have not already, please subscribe to my YouTube channel or my blog so you can get notified when layouts and videos are posted.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment