Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sunrise

Welcome back. Today I wanted to scrapbook something a little different.  It was a picture of the sunrise on my way to a 5K run.  I used mostly items form the November 2013 Home Scraptastic kit.

I used multiple layers of pattern paper as the background to bring your eye into the page.


For the starbursts, I used a stencil and gesso.  The gesso bled through the stencil pretty badly and I didn't like it much, but after adding the water color on top, it ended up turning out pretty neat.  In this layout I also kept the layering pretty simple.  I just added a few puffy stickers from the kit and a few die cuts.  I inked all of the edges of the paper in brown ink.


The tabs were also from the kit and I stamped the date and the month on them with stamps from my stash.  The vellum with the gold circles is from Stampin' Up!.  Love, love, love this.


I added a few drops of Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Bronzer and a few woodgrain sequins from an old Studio Calico PL kit.


Thanks for stopping by again.  Have a wonderful rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment