Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pumpkin Picasso

I used the October 2014 Scraptastic Kit - Thriller for this layout.  The pictures were of my daughter and I carving pumpkins at Halloween in 2013.  

I wanted to do something a little different with the background and was dying to use my new star stencil.  I filled in the stars with modeling paste and colored a few here and there to add some variety.  Not sure if I like how it turned out or not.  

I used the left-over paper that I cut in triangles from my last layout here as a boarder that went across the entire page.  I wanted to add my pictures a little differently to this layout so I staggered them a bit and put them at different levels on the layout.  

The embellishment clusters are relatively simple.  I added a few die-cuts from the kit, a sticker, and a wood veneer camera paperclip that I had in my stash.

For the bottom right cluster I used more die-cuts and stickers as well as a orange brad and tag.  

For this cluster I took one of the wood veneer pieces that came in the kit and colored it and added stickles.

The font is the Jillibean Soup font that came in the kit.  

I added one more small embellishment cluster at the top left of the layout with a leftover piece of paper, enamel start sticker, and pumpkin brad.  From this picture you can really see the texture that was left from the stencil and the modeling paste.

Thanks for coming by to take a look.  Have a great day.


  1. Wouldn't have ever guessed that the star background, you made! Love how it came out! Love the texture that it adds to the background! Thanks for sharing your page! You will have to have me over to play with your mixed media stuff sometime! In exchange, I will give you those PSE lessons!