Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cherish

Happy Valentines Day everyone.  Hope everyone has something fun planned for this weekend.  Not sure what we are getting into, but typically we try to do something after Valentines Day since it is not quite as busy.  We may be going out tomorrow night.  Anyway, on to the layout.

This layout was made using the June 2014 Best Day of My Life Scraptastic kit.  I think I have said it before, but I really love the colors in this kit.  They are so bright and cheerful.  I can't believe how many die-cuts also came in this kit.  I think I could probably make about 100 layouts and still have some left...LOL. 

I mounted the patterned paper to some of the pink cardstock that came in the kit and put a very light coating of gesso over the patterned paper to mute it just slightly.  It also allows the mists that I added to flow over the page better and not just immediately sink into the paper.  For a final touch, I added a few drops of black water color. 


The picture is of my daughter sitting on my husbands motorcycle.  He so wants her to ride when she gets bigger, but for now, he just takes her around the block.

For this layout I layered the paper and acetate die-cuts from the kit around the page.  I like the combination of the two styles of die-cuts and how you can see through the acetate.  It makes the layers not look so heavy.


I love the paper bows that came in this kit as well.  So cute.  I am also a sucker for the view finders.  Brings me back to my childhood.



Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment