Saturday, May 30, 2015

Love & Hugs

Welcome back everyone.  Today I have a layout to share using items from my stash.  The photo is a picture of my daughter and her friend (face blocked for privacy).  One day her friend's mom gave me a call to see if the girls wanted to go out.  Of course!

Here is an all over picture of the layout.  For the background I splattered it with some of my homemade brown ink and Gold Heidi Swapp ink.  I also added some stamping using Chocolate Chip Stampin' Up! ink.  


For this layout I mostly stuck with "flat" emblishments using paper to create most of the texture on the page.  I used various papers, stickers, and die-cuts layted to give a chunky look to the pictures. I inked all of the edges with Tim Holtz - Walnut stain.


The title is made using foam Thickers and I really like how the color of the title pops on the page and brings out some of the aqua colors from the paper.



On the right side I added a banner for some visual weight and grounding of the picture and just kept tucking paper, stickers and die-cuts.  To bring the aqua of the Thickers around the page, I used the asterisk that came in the pack in the embellishment clusters.

I also added more stamping around the layout using phrase stamps from Technique Tuesday - Ali Edwards line.  I really like the little added detail that it provides.  Not to mention, I'm using my stamps on my layout which I sometime struggle with.


That is it for today.  Hope you enjoyed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment