Saturday, December 20, 2014

First Night

Hello and welcome back.  Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog.  I keep saying that I am going to start recording process videos, but it just doesn't seem to happen (I say that like it is going to magically happen without me doing anything.).  

Anyway, on to the layout.  The picture is of my daughter sleeping in her "big girl" bed (basically her crib converted into a daybed) for the first time.  This layout was inspired by a layout that Irit made quite a few months ago I believe.  I cut several strips out of the Maggie Holmes - Crate Paper Style Board collection paper and added stickers here and there that coordinated with each of the strips.  

The title is made with Thickers (boy do I have a ton on Thickers - usually get them at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for a steal at $1.49 a pack or Tuesday Morning for $2.49 a pack).  


At the bottom I cut out matching butterflies and added them to the stips as well as the bottom of the layout.  I ended up cutting the entire layout down just a bit and mounting it on another piece of 12x12 paper.  I think it helps to bring your eye into the page.


Hope you enjoyed.  Have a scrappy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment