Monday, December 22, 2014

Great Skate

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.  I just wanted to take a moment to thank those of you that have subscribed to my blog.  I appreciate it.  I also wanted to wish everyone the best.  Please enjoy the little moments this holiday season (an always) as they go by so very quickly.

Today I bring you a layout of my daughter's first skating experience.  A little background on the photos/story: The first time she skated was at a birthday party this Spring.  From the pictures she looks like a pro, but they are deceiving.  The party began with a lot of tears and refusing to skate.  We ended up changing out her skates a few times and was able to find a pair that they were able to tighter down so much, she barely rolled on them.  So she was able to cruised around or at least that is what she believe she was doing.  Looking back, it is good that she was able to do that because at the next birthday party we went to (happened to be at the same place the following week) I was able to convince her to use a "walker" (wish they had these when I was small) that they had and the regular skates.  Win for both of us.

This layout is made with all items from the My Minds Eye - My Girl collection which I got for a deal from Crafty Steals.   The title are letters from an Amy Tangerine - Yes Please collection transparent sticker book.


I used the stamp set that came with the collection to make some of my embellishments such as the the skate, pinwheel, hot air balloon, and flower.  The rest of the eembellishments were stickers from the sticker sheet and brads that came with the collection.


The "Let's roll" is from a cut-a-part sheet.  I sprinkled both of the cluster with Heidi Swapp Mist in Seafoam and Sweet Cherry.


Here is a close-up of the left cluster on the top photo.


See you guys later.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the cute skates on this page. Fun arrangement of the photos too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wanted to do something a bit different with the layout this time. I like how it turned out. Nice to mix it up a bit.

      Delete