Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hey Daddy... and Love the Moments

Today I have two more layouts for the Birthday Challenges over at Scraptastic.  Over this past weekend, they had a 4th Birthday celebration.

The first layout is for Challenge #2: Top 100.  I used the Scraptastic: September 2013 kit to put this one together.

For the background, I used my Glitz Design roller stamp with the triangles, splattered with my mists (I believe both Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Black and Sweet Cherry).  I also tried a technique that I have seen Kitty Scrapper do on her layouts (you can check her out on YouTube here).  She uses her huge roller stamp with all of the letters to stamp phrases in the background.  I stamped "Hey Daddy" over and over.  I kind of like how it turned out.


It has quite a bit of layers.  I was trying to use up a lot of my scraps from the kit so I a) didn't feel like I needed to keep them all and b) so I didn't feel guilty throwing them away.  I added some sequins from Theresa Collins that also came in the kit.  Hope it is not too much.  



This one is for Challenge #9: Design Shelf.  For this one I also used the September 2013 kit.


I really like how this page turned out.  If I had a do-over I think I would have probably added more layers to just below the top blue butterfly or just brought my layers in tighter.  I think there is a bit too much white space.

Here are a few close-ups of the clusters.




Thanks again for stopping by.  Until next time, Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment