Happy Saturday everyone. I hope you are enjoying the last few days before the kiddos go back to school. Mine is already going back on the 11th of August...WHAT?!?!...totally crazy. I remember when I was little we didn't start until after Labor Day. It is still summer. How could school be starting already? Sniff, Sniff.
Anyway, on to the layout. This is my first mixed media layout. I just got back from Michaels and couldn't wait to try my new stuff out. I used watercolor paper as my base and Moulding Paste and a stencil to create the raised areas of the background. Then, once dry, I used my new watercolors.
On top of all that, I used some of the scraps that I had left over from the Studio Calico - 2013 Kit.
The butterfly in the top left corner was cut using my Silhouette. I believe I got this shape directly from the Silhouette Online Store. I cut it out using watercolor paper and painted it to match my background.
Here are a few close-ups of the other embellishment clusters. Supplies are listed below.
- Studio Calico - September 2013 kit
- Watercolor Paper from Michaels
- Watercolors - Artist Loft
- Chip Board Emblishments: My Minds Eye: Collectable
- Silhouette Cut files
- Studio Calico vellum
- Wood Veneer - Stash and Scraptastic
- Homemade enamel dots
- Stencil - Heidi SwappModeling Paste - Liquitex
- Other: Studio Calico tidbits, yellow enamel dots from Scraptastic and doodle bug, Wink Of Stella brush, and Studio Calico printables.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Scrappin'.