Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Best Bomber

My daughter LOVES White Castle.  When I say LOVE, it is probably an understatement.  So after she had her Dr's check-up for the year, I took her there for a treat.  I felt so bad for her.  She had to get 4 shots and flu mist this year.  The first 3 shots were not too awful, but the last one, boy that was a doozie.  She screamed and cried.  I almost started crying.  She got over it pretty quickly, but man...

I am not sure if is just in our area, but the nick name for White Castle hamburgers are called belly bombers.  So that is what I named the page after..."The Best Bombers".  I thought it was fitting since I am sure they tasted even better after going through the trauma of shots :).

For this layout I used the Studio Calico - September 2013 kit for most of the layout and embellishments and stamps from my stash.

Here is what the overall page looks like.


I used wooden heart veneers from Studio Calico in several of the clusters and stamps from the My Mind's Eye Charm "Hey You" Cut & Paste collection Studio Calico - Hello Forever, and Blinks of Life.  Ink was from Stampin' Up! (sahara sand, daffodil delight, and midnight muse).  The roller date stamp is from Stampin' Up!.




For the journaling I used a Project Life card from a Studio Calico kit.  I also use Heidi Swapp mist (mustard) and Mr. Huey's (navy) to finish off the layout.

Here are more close-ups of the rest of the clusters.




Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time...happy craftin'.

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment