Sunday, July 27, 2014

30 Cakes and Counting: Kitty Scrapper Birthday Challenge

Hello everyone...hope you are all having a great weekend.  I just got done making my layout for Kitty Scrapper's birthday challenge.  Check out her channel.

For St. Louis' 250th birthday, the city is celebrating by commissioning artists to paint/decorate 250 cakes.  Those cakes were then scattered all over the city and surrounding areas.  On a weekend in June, a group of my scrapbooking friends and I went on a cake hunt.  It was a day of crazy driving and laughter to try and wind our way through one way streets and Cardinal baseball fans.  All-in-all we were able to find about 26 cakes.

My daughter and I were also able to find a few cakes in Forest Park and at the YMCA, and while I was at Pride Fest, we got the last cake in the downtown area at Busch Stadium.

So far I have "captured" 30 cakes.  I plan to go on another hunt with my daughter and husband.  It has been a lot of fun.

Hope you enjoy the layout.

Since there were so many pictures, I did very little embellishing.  I was able to use some felt numbers from Martha Stewart on the layout, which I have had in my stash for quite some time.  I also used two thickets and alphas from the daily flash.  The background paper is from Close to My Heart from several years ago.  The entire layout is mounted on white card stock just to give the entire layout an edge.

 Here is the full layout.


Here is a close up of the title.


Thanks for stopping by and thanks Nancy for the challenge.  I need to do more of these.  Really gets me to make layouts that are different from my usual style.


4 comments:

  1. Love how this came out, all the photos look so cool together. Thanks so much for taking part x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and having the challenge.

      Delete
  2. Love how you were able to fit that many photos on a page and it is awesome! Love the felt numbers and the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the texture the felt numbers give the layout. Thanks!

      Delete