Thursday, February 14, 2013

Homemade Ink Blenders

Long lost post.  I apparently put this together about 10 months ago but didn't post is.

I got this great idea originally from luvleescrappin, but then I saw cricutologist32820 using a different type of block.  I think they are old wood blocks from stamps she unmounted (she had one video where she was talking about unmounting all of her stamps).  Anyway, I was so excited.  I had actually just unmounted (see my previous post) almost all of my Stampin' Up! stamps and really wanted to find another use for the blocks (I wasn't about to throw them away.  I would make something out of them before doing that :)

Well here is the process.
First I took my wood blocks from my Stampin' Up! sets that I unmounted.  I had all different sizes.  The ones that are longer I am going to cut with my miter saw.  I had a few that were smaller and I ended up trimming just a bit of the foam applicator off in the end.  If you don't have any of these, you can go to your local hardware store and buy wood and cut it to size.
Besides the wood blocks, you are also going to need some adhesive velcro (just the scratchy side) and Inkssentials Ink Blending Foam.
I attached two strips of velcro to the block (I could not find any wide enough to cover with one strip, but this size was perfect when I put them side by side.  Then I added on the blending foam.  Wa-la, ink applicator.
Of course I needed a place to stores these (look, I have space for more, guess that means I am going shopping).  I found this box at Walmart for $2. 
To top everything off (literally), I made some labels using white card stock and my Xyron adhesive machine.  I inked up the stickers, wrote the color, and affixed it to the top of the block.
 Now I can have a block for every color and no need to change out the pads every time I go to grab another color.  Love it!!

Happy craftin'

No comments:

Post a Comment